A few days ago I wrote about an election that was taking place (ok so it was a week ago at this point). That election was the SQLServerpedia Awards. My first post on that election can be found here. I had wanted to write another post about the election and make a whole bunch of campaign promises – to help make it feel political. One big difference is that I was going to run a positive campaign and just talk about what I would do if I were to win.
Well, I won in one of the categories and I never wrote that campaign promises post. So, I will just tell you what I would have promised and then maybe do some of those things.
- I will display the trophy in my cubicle at work
- I will support my fellow bloggers as much as I can just as I have done in the past. There are some exceptional bloggers out there.
- I will continue to work with SQL Server
- I will continue to blog!!!!
- I will also finish my series on the book review for which I won. Then I will progress to the next book or two and write reviews for them as well.
- I will continue to provide posts to SQLServerPedia
Thanks to all who voted for me. I appreciate the support. I recommend checking out the other books in the Book Review category. I also recommend that you read the Blogs of the other people that were nominated for the SQL Choice Awards/ SSP Awards.
In short, this award is great and I really appreciate it. In the grand scheme of things I am happy to have received it and rest assured that it doesn’t change my blog or me – except that I will post a badge on my blog. We also had many excellent DB professionals and bloggers who won in various other categories.
Thanks SQLServerpedia for the awards and putting on these awards for the community.