- Another Query to Help Find … by Jason Brimhall
Finding the right event or combination of events to monitor may seem like quite a daunting task with so many events to explore and (frequently) too little familiarity with Extended Events.
- Extended Event Help Queries by Jason Brimhall
When working with Extended Events, there are times when a little more information is, well, helpful. You know you want to use extended events to try and monitor for a specific thing to happen.
- SQL Server CTE – Back… by Jason Brimhall
Of all the fundamental concepts within SQL Server, this one drives me a bit batty from time to time. Think about that statement for just a moment.
- SQL Server Desired Enhancements by Jason Brimhall
SQL Server 2016 has come with a ton of cool features, bells, whistles and well cool stuff (yes redundant). That aside, what are some of the really cool features that I would love to see in SQL Server?
- Anatomy of Select by Jason Brimhall
TSQL is one of the most valuable tools any SQL Server professional can add to their toolset. More aptly, TSQL is a whole chest of tools for the SQL Server professional. One of the most important tools in that TSQL chest is a good understanding of the SELECT statement.
- An Introduction to Indexes by Jason Brimhall
Among the many critical and basic concepts to understand within SQL Server comes the concept of indexes.
- Profiler vs. Xe Smackdown by Jason Brimhall
Extended Events were introduced in SQL Server 2008. With SQL 2014, we have seen a significant upgrade to this feature. Join me for a little adventure into the realm of extended events.
- SQL Server 2016 Just made S… by Jason Brimhall
SQL Server 2016 has just been released and your manager is pressing hard to hear from you what this could potentially mean for the business. Is there anything useful in this new release?
- Awesome SQL Server Feature by Jason Brimhall
There are a lot of cool features in SQL Server that ROCK! It is really hard to pick just one with so many cool features that can make life much easier as a DBA.
- SQL Server Select – B… by Jason Brimhall
Of all the fundamental concepts within SQL Server, nothing is potentially more basic and fundamental than the often overlooked Select statement.
- Jason Brimhall about SQL Server Desired EnhancementsThanks Jimmy for the extra info.
- Jason Brimhall about SQL Server CTE – Back…I understand why you do it. I get that. Many examples don't have the same logic behind them and just…
- Aaron Bertrand about SQL Server CTE – Back…But if it is absolutely required *some* of the time, why not just use it *all* of the time, since…
- Jimmy May @A… about SQL Server Desired EnhancementsHi, JSON, er ah, Jason. Thanks for the citation. You're right--my post on SQL 2016 Always On AGs…
- Jason Brimhall about SQL Server Desired EnhancementsLOL - I figured as much. Sheesh. ;)
- Steve Jones about SQL Server Desired Enhancements#9 will never happen. Typos forever
- Jason Brimhall about Learning Extended Events in 60 DaysThanks. That link is fixed now.
- MK about Learning Extended Events in 60 DaysHi Jason! Thank you for these great articles! When you have a moment, please review links for #20…
- Jason Brimhall about SQL Agent Job SchedulesThanks for the feedback. I will certainly integrate that suggestion.
- Jason Brimhall about Better Practices for Readin…Sorry for such a late reply. I have been offline for a bit. Let me look into that and post…