- Awesome SQL Server Feature by Jason Brimhall
There are a lot of cool features in SQL Server that ROCK! It is really hard to pick just one with so many cool features that can make life much easier as a DBA.
- SQL Server Select – B… by Jason Brimhall
Of all the fundamental concepts within SQL Server, nothing is potentially more basic and fundamental than the often overlooked Select statement.
- SQL Agent Job Schedules by Jason Brimhall
SQL Agent job schedules should be easy to read for humans if for nothing else than the fact that you have to provide this information to the auditors from time to time.
- Extended Events – Bet… by Jason Brimhall
Extended Events were introduced in SQL Server 2008. With SQL 2014, we have seen a significant upgrade to this feature. Join me for a little adventure into the realm of extended events.
- Bare Naked Skinny on SQL Server by Jason Brimhall
Ever feel like there are just too many layers with SQL Server? You peel off a layer and behold there is yet another layer. SQL Server is rather complex. The complexities can be rather frustrating from time to time.
- Monitoring SQL Server with … by Jason Brimhall
Every good enterprising DBA has the prime directive of monitoring the SQL Servers under his/her jurisdiction. The last thing a DBA wants to hear is that there is a problem with a database under his/her purview from an end-user.
- Index Cannot Be Reorganized… by Jason Brimhall
Working diligently as any good DBA might, you have established maintenance routines for each of the SQL Servers under your purview. Then a small problem occurs: Index Cannot Be Reorganized…
- The Virginia Tour 2016 by Jason Brimhall
Three days of presentations in Richmond Virginia. From Naked SQL to Wheel of Doom – there is a wide breadth of knowledge to be shared.
- SQL Server Locks – Ba… by Jason Brimhall
A fundamental component of SQL Server is locking and locks. The locking mechanism helps to control access to resources to help maintain data integrity.
- SQL Server Principals ̵… by Jason Brimhall
A fundamental component of SQL Server is the security layer. A principle player in security in SQL Server comes via principals.
- Jason Brimhall about SQL Server Principals ̵…Fair enough. People do strange things like allow spaces or special characters in their database names.
- Jason Carter about SQL Server Principals ̵…Line 41 of your script, you need to bracket the DB name: [' + @DBtoQuery +']
- Jason Brimhall about Awesome SQL Server Feature1. No. The Dynamics AX POS client gives a generic error if an error posts. For this problem, an error…
- TheSQLGuru about Awesome SQL Server FeatureQuestions: 1) Was this error not raised back to the client? 2) Was…
- Jason Brimhall about Execution Plans in Extended EventsOne of the reasons this can cause a huge impact on production is that regardless of the filter, short-circuiting does…
- David about A day in the StreamThanks for the pointer. Not sure where you got the comment but it looks authoritative. Would…
- Jason Brimhall about A day in the Stream/* To Read Session Data from the other functions or files requires VIEW SERVER STATE To create/alter/delete XE Session requires…
- David about A day in the StreamAny ideas about the security requirements for fn_MSxe_read_event_stream? Based on my investigation you need "VIEW SERVER STATE". I…
- Jason Brimhall about Histograms and EventsLet me see if I can whip a post together to show that.
- Mark Freeman about Histograms and EventsHow could I extend the histogram output and the query to read from it if I wanted to get the…