- User Contains Invalid Chara… by Jason Brimhall
While creating database users, it is possible to encounter an invalid character error message. This article will help clarify the error message.
- What Agent Job is Running &… by Jason Brimhall
It is quite common to be required to investigate performance issues on the server. With this, it is occasionally necessary to be able to interpret an obfuscated job name. Learn how to do that in this article.
- Database Backups – Ba… by Jason Brimhall
In this article, we will explore database backups. More specifically, how do you truly know if you have a successful backup? Here’s a hint: it has to deal with restores.
- Database Backup History … by Jason Brimhall
In this article I explore the basic of querying backup history data as a foundation to reporting on essentials such as storage and job management.
- Last Restore of a Database … by Jason Brimhall
In this article I explore the basics around how to determine when a database was last restored.
- Login from an Untrusted Dom… by Jason Brimhall
Login failed. The login is from an untrusted domain and cannot be used with Windows authentication.
- Finding Deprecated Uses in … by Jason Brimhall
Do you know that your Server logs 300 million deprecation events a week? Do you know if code needs to be updated or how to find deprecated uses in SQL Server?
- Seattle SQL Pro Workshop 2016 by Jason Brimhall
Free workshop on SQL Server leading up to Summit 2016 that will provide attendees an alternate means to increase affordable learning opportunities during the week.
- Database Dropped by Jason Brimhall
What do you do when a developer comes to you and asks, “Where did the database go? The database was there one minute, and the next it was not.”
- Default Sessions – Ba… by Jason Brimhall
With the evolution of SQL Server, there is an evolution in Extended Events. New features in SQL Server also means there may be some additional default sessions.
- Jason Brimhall about Last Known Good CheckDBActually, this method relies explicitly on a buggy cursor. SP_MSFOREACHDB comes with inconsistencies and a few bugs. The heart of…
- Jason Brimhall about Easily Shred Event DataMichael, Thanks for the excellent feedback. I am glad somebody took this and adapted it to posh. I will have…
- Jason Brimhall about Table Hierarchy updatedThanks for the feedback.
- Jefferson Elias about Table Hierarchy updatedHi, I've tried the version provided for schema support, but it never worked in my environment.…
- michael graham about Easily Shred Event DataJason, great job on your post. It started me down the path of making a truly dynamic xel shredding and…
- Yoda about Last Known Good CheckDBThere is a simpler way without the need for cursors. DECLARE @a TABLE (…
- Jason Brimhall about Last Known Good CheckDBThanks and you are welcome!
- Jason Brimhall about Column Level PermissionsI will add a followup concerning sp_helprotect. Thanks for the feedback.
- Geoff Ruble about Last Known Good CheckDBThis is great! Thank you!!!
- RH about Column Level Permissionssp_helprotect is a good way of finding out all the specific permissions in a database.