- T-SQL Tuesday #53 – Work Ha… by Jason Brimhall
It is April and April Fools has only just begun. Well, or so Matt Velic (blog | twitter) would have us believe. Matt decided that this month for TSQL Tuesday, he would pull out all stops to help us break out the inner prankster in ourselves. You can read all about it from his invitation[...]
- SQLSaturday Vegas Style by Jason Brimhall
We are mere moments from the inaugural SQL Saturday (announced a few short months ago) event in fabulous Las Vegas, Nevada. Can you feel the excitement building? The SQLSat 295 team has been working hard to bring together what we think will be a great event. From the volunteers, to the speakers, to the vendors,[...]
- New Backup Behavior in SQL 2014 by Jason Brimhall
As has been well publicized, today is the official Release To Manufacturing date for SQL Server 2014. You can read more about all of that here. Something that hasn’t received much word is a new feature that is a game changer. I’m not referring to the advancements with the In-Memory OLTP (aka Hekaton). The real[...]
- Table Space updated again by Jason Brimhall
Today we have another update for an age old script on this site. You can find the last update to the script here. This time we have a bit of a bug update. The details of that bug are in the notes for the script.
- T-SQL Tuesday #051: Bets an… by Jason Brimhall
The line for this months TSQL Tuesday required wagers be made concerning the risks and bets that have either been made or not made. At close, we saw 17 people step up and place remarkable markers. Today, we will recap the game and let you know who the overall winner from this week of game[...]
- Locks, Blocks, and Deadlocks Oh My! by Jason Brimhall
Abstract Managing concurrency is one of the most challenging aspects of working with any enterprise DBMS. There is much confusion out there about locking, blocking, and deadlocks. In this demo heavy session we will clear up the confusion. BIO Randy Knight, MCM, is an IT professional who has worked with Microsoft technology for over 20[...]
- Risking Health, Life and Family by Jason Brimhall
Since announcing the topic last week for T-SQL Tuesday, I have thought about many different possibilities for my post. All of them would have been really good examples. The problem has not been the quality but in the end just settling on my wager for this hand. You see, this month T-SQL Tuesday has the[...]
- Murder in Richmond by Jason Brimhall
I am about to set sail on a new venture with my next official whistle stop. This year has been plenty full of whistle stops and I plan on continuing. You can read (in full) about previous whistle stops and why they are called whistle stops here. Suffice it to say at this point that it all[...]
- T-SQL Tuesday #051: Place Your Bets by Jason Brimhall
Place Your Bets All bets on the table please. This is the last call for bets, no new bets will be allowed. This marks the 51st invitation for TSQL Tuesday. This also marks what should have been the month of the first SQL Saturday event in Las Vegas. But the house lost on that event[...]
- Table Hierarchy updated by Jason Brimhall
Recently a need resurfaced to explore the foreign key tree (hierarchy/genealogy) as it related to a specific table within a database. As I pulled out the script from the repository, I realized there was some unfinished work to be done. But there was also some polish that needed to be added. This is an update[...]
- Matt Velic about T-SQL Tuesday #53 – Work Ha…Thanks for participating, Jason!
- Jason Brimhall about T-SQL Tuesday #051: Place Your BetsSorry about that. I didn't have a pingback and must have missed it on twitter. Oops.
- Tracy Boggiano about T-SQL Tuesday #051: Place Your BetsLooks like the pingback didn't work sorry I just now checked. http://tracyboggiano.com/archive/2014/02/t-sql-tuesday-051-place-your-bets/
- Russ Thomas about T-SQL Tuesday #051: Bets an…Great job - thanks again for hosting!!
- Matt Velic about T-SQL Tuesday #051: Bets an…I love this wrap-up/breakdown. That was great!
- Joey D'Antoni about T-SQL Tuesday #051: Place Your Betshttp://joedantoni.wordpress.com/2014/02/11/t-sql-tuesday-bad-bets/
- Robert Pearl about T-SQL Tuesday #051: Place Your BetsHey, Jason. THanks for dealing, I mean hosting. Thanks for letting me know in advance too :-P Here's my entry: -------------------- http://www.sqlservercentral.com/blogs/pearlknows/2014/02/11/t-sql-tuesday-51-place-your-bets-in-place-upgrade/
- Doug Purnell about T-SQL Tuesday #051: Place Your BetsThanks for hosting Jason! http://sqlnikon.wordpress.com/2014/02/11/t-sql-tuesday-51-dont-bet-against-checksum-when-performing-backups/
- mickey stuew… about T-SQL Tuesday #051: Place Your BetsMickey Says: Don't Crap Out While Betting On Table Functions http://mickeystuewe.com/2014/02/11/t-sql-tuesday-51-dont-crap-out-while-betting-on-table-functions
- Russ Thomas about T-SQL Tuesday #051: Place Your BetsThanks for hosting - great topic. Here's my post: http://wp.me/p2TlyL-cR I'll see your bad decision and raise …