- Murder In Utah by Jason Brimhall
I am about to set sail on a new venture with my next official whistle stop. This year has been plenty full of whistle stops and I plan on continuing. You can read (in full) about previous whistle stops and why they are called whistle stops here. Suffice it to say at this point that it all[...]
- October 2014 Las Vegas UG Meeting by Jason Brimhall
The Las Vegas User Group is happy to announce our monthly meeting. The meeting is available for in person and webinar style. The start time is 6:30 PM Pacific and the details are listed in this post. We hope to see you there! This month we have a special treat brought to us by fellow MVP Argenis[...]
- Microsoft, Me and the MVP by Jason Brimhall
October 1st is one of the quarterly dates that Microsoft announces all of the new people into the MVP program. It is also a day in which Microsoft recognizes many already in the program and renews their status for the upcoming year. This time around, I had the distinct honor and pleasure of joining the[...]
- September 2014 Las Vegas UG Meeting by Jason Brimhall
Who is up for a little free learning this week? Besides the opulence and feast that was the 24 Hours of PASS (Summit Preview), we have more training in store for you from the people in Las Vegas. Let’s call this a preview for next week which happens to be DevConnections (which also happens to[...]
- T-SQL Tuesday #58 – Securit… by Jason Brimhall
Today is once again TSQL Tuesday. This month the event and topic are being hosted by Sebastian Meine (blog | twitter). You can read all about the topic this month on his blog inviting all to participate. Despite Sebastian being a real cool kid, I was not too hip to the topic this month. Not[...]
- Effects of sp_rename on Sto… by Jason Brimhall
There comes a time when mistakes are made. Sometimes those mistakes can be as annoying as a spelling mistake during the creation of a stored procedure. When a mistake such as that happens, we are given a few choices. One could either rename the stored procedure, drop and recreate the stored procedure or simply leave[...]
- SQL Server UG in Vegas Augu… by Jason Brimhall
Another Great meeting and topic is coming to the folks in Las Vegas. This month we have had the luck of finding Mike Fal (blog | twitter) step up and fill our speaker void. Yes, it happens to be the second Thursday of the month already. Being that time of month, the SQL Server[...]
- T-SQL Tuesday #57 – SQL Fam… by Jason Brimhall
Look at that, it is once again that time of the month that has come to be known as TSQL Tuesday. TSQL Tuesday is a recurring blog party that occurs on the second Tuesday (most generally) of the month. This event was the brainchild of Adam Machanic (Blog | Twitter). Anybody who desires to participate in this[...]
- Virtual Box is TOO Small by Jason Brimhall
I have been working on upgrading my laptop. Since my laptop housed a bunch of my virtual machines for various presentations and labs, that means also upgrading and/or converting my virtual machines. The new laptop is Windows 8.1. With the new laptop I was interested in converting a bunch of my Virtual Box machines to[...]
- Presenting at PSSUG by Jason Brimhall
Coming up this week, I have been given the opportunity to do something I enjoy doing. I have been invited to present to the folks in Philadelphia. Sebastian Meine (blog | twitter) approached me during SQL Saturday in Philadelphia and I was happy to help where I could. The topic for this presentation will[...]
- Jason Brimhall about Microsoft, Me and the MVPThanks Chuck
- Chuck Boyce about Microsoft, Me and the MVPWell deserved, Jason!
- Jason Brimhall about Table Space updated againYes. You can remove the begin tran and rollback if you like. The read uncommitted shouldn't be an …
- Alexander about Table Space updated againREAD UNCOMMITTED and BEGIN TRAN ??
- Dan Hess about The SQL Sac wrap!!Thanks for coming, Jason, it was great to meet you. Pencil us in for next year!
- Jason Brimhall about The SQL Sac wrap!!We thought it was pretty slick. And it was great for much conversation.
- Andy Warren about The SQL Sac wrap!!I'm envious of that gift - nice!
- Jason Brimhall about Last Known Good CheckDBThanks Robert. Glad to hear this was useful to you.
- Robert Every about Last Known Good CheckDBJason: T-SQL code you shared at http://jasonbrimhall.info/2012/11/20/last-known-good-checkdb/ is EXACTLY what I need! Thanks a whole bunch. I'd like to add you to my …
- Jason Brimhall about Can you partition a tempora…Thanks Wayne.