Today is Meme Monday. Today we get to talk about all of the little things a DBA does. Thomas LaRock started things off with his list – here.
I want to just add to the list he started.
- SAN Admin
- Server Admin
- Technical Writer
- Project Manager
- Automate the process to Migrate Data from Production to Dev/Test/QA
- Automate the process to Migrate Data from Production to Reporting Servers
- Export and Email/FTP/Transfer Data to customers
- Attend Sales meetings
- Predict customer requests before the request is made
- Create standards pertaining to the database environment
- Domain Admin
- Administer excel spreadsheets
- Administer Cognos, Crystal Reports, and Access (or any other tool that may provide a reporting interface for the database)
- Create Data warehouse
- Improve your skills
I really like the bullet item “therapist” from Tom’s list. There is a lot of truth to that.