Not much ado about SQL Server here. Good things come with the number 9. For instance SQL Server got substantially better at version 9 (my opinion). And another good thing is the next addition to our family. We are 5 months in with 4 remaining. My wife and I typically try to wait until well into the pregnancy before making it big news. And this time around, we will be bringing in a baby sister for the other children. This is very good news for us and we are quite happy about it.
1 DBA's Professional Blog
- 5 down 4 to go
5 down 4 to go
Now Reading (2)
In Queue (1)
Recently Read (15)
- SQL Server MVP Deep Dives by Nielsen Paul, Delaney Kalen, Machanic Adam, Tripp Kimberly, Randal Paul, Low Greg
- A World Without Heroes (Beyonders) by Brandon Mull
- The Red Pyramid (The Kane Chronicles, Book 1) by Rick Riordan
- Fablehaven, Book 5:Keys to the Demon Prison by Brandon Mull
- Catching Fire (The Second Book of the Hunger Games) by Suzanne Collins
- T-SQL Tuesday #38 – Standing Firm (30)
- T-SQL Tuesday #051: Place Your Bets (28)
- T-SQL Tuesday #009: Beach Time (22)
- 12 Days of Christmas 2013 Day 1 (21)
- MCM Road Less Traveled (14)
- Having Cake and Eating it too (13)
- Missing Indexes (11)
- TableSpace Update (11)
- Effects of Max Mem on Plan Cache (10)
- Last Time CheckDB was Run (10)
- @pagerwho: @Dird89 @PaulRandal coincidence but I've seen similar issues when starting/stopping extended events. 2/2 #sqlhelp
- @pagerwho: @Dird89 @PaulRandal I have seen some really weird stuff with R2 pre SP3 and extended events. Not sure if it is just 1/2 #sqlhelp
- @sqL_handLe: @jrb2971 #sqlhelp 3/3 for those reasons & others, maybe consider DiskSpd rather than sqlio http://t.co/uM7LYarvt6 https://t.co/L1s2Zfl1np
- @sqL_handLe: @jrb2971 #sqlhelp 2/3 Also, at high outstanding sqlio large reads, an OOM is encountered. Workaround: multiple concurrent sqlio tests.
- @sqL_handLe: @jrb2971 #sqlhelp 1/3 I like to include tests of concurrent read and write activity to the LUNs, requires separate sqlio concurrent tests.
- @IfThenElseNull: #sqlhelp Is there a way to limit the role db_execute to specific stored procedures?
- @wsmelton: @kedazs If it crashes there is going to be an error somewhere as to why. Likely in Event Viewer look at Application Log #sqlhelp
- @jrb2971: #sqlhelp is there any reason to run sqlio simultaneous with itself to simulate different drive usage at the same time?
- @PaulRandal: @Dird89 #sqlhelp Nope - let it finish or bounce the server. Have you checked for KB articles about bugs on your version?
- @SQLSoldier: @SqlWorldWide Yes. For scripted installs, use teh /SQLTEMPDBFILECOUNT argument. Will fail if > number of cores though. #sqlhelp