Not much ado about SQL Server here. Good things come with the number 9. For instance SQL Server got substantially better at version 9 (my opinion). And another good thing is the next addition to our family. We are 5 months in with 4 remaining. My wife and I typically try to wait until well into the pregnancy before making it big news. And this time around, we will be bringing in a baby sister for the other children. This is very good news for us and we are quite happy about it.
1 DBA's Professional Blog
- 5 down 4 to go
5 down 4 to go
Now Reading (2)
In Queue (1)
Recently Read (15)
- SQL Server MVP Deep Dives by Nielsen Paul, Delaney Kalen, Machanic Adam, Tripp Kimberly, Randal Paul, Low Greg
- A World Without Heroes (Beyonders) by Brandon Mull
- The Red Pyramid (The Kane Chronicles, Book 1) by Rick Riordan
- Fablehaven, Book 5:Keys to the Demon Prison by Brandon Mull
- Catching Fire (The Second Book of the Hunger Games) by Suzanne Collins
- T-SQL Tuesday #38 – Standing Firm (30)
- T-SQL Tuesday #051: Place Your Bets (27)
- T-SQL Tuesday #009: Beach Time (22)
- 12 Days of Christmas 2013 Day 1 (21)
- MCM Road Less Traveled (14)
- Having Cake and Eating it too (13)
- TableSpace Update (11)
- IP and Default Trace…T-SQL Tuesday #005 (9)
- Missing Indexes (9)
- MCITP: 4 Down 0 To Go (9)
- @m82labs: @SQLSoldier #sqlhelp Thanks!
- @SQLSoldier: @m82labs Why not look in the log and see? Use fn_dblog to see the log records created. #sqlhelp
- @swasheck: #sqlhelp Would the optimizer use a histo from a filtered stat over the stat created for the index it may be using?
- @m82labs: #sqlhelp My Google-Fu is failing. If I insert a record with 2GB of data in a VARCHAR(MAX) column, will that entire 2GB also be in the t-log?
- @sql_handle: @SQLTrooper @SQLSoldier #sqlhelp many spinlock types have little public documentation. It comes out slowly, like the info on new T1236 :-)
- @BadassDeveloper: Hey @datachick :) We shared tangible tips & thought #sqlhelp would be appropriate
- @SQLSoldier: @SQLTrooper @sql_handle Have you checked out http://t.co/gk46QsnJQN ? #sqlhelp
- @SQLTrooper: @sql_handle Have you done an in-depth post about spinlocks? Do you know of one? I found it an obscure, interesting topic. #sqlhelp
- @Querymuthu: http://t.co/TtWTI2TAzx #sqlhelp
- @DBArgenis: @sqlgirl I just answered my own q :) #sqlhelp