Not much ado about SQL Server here. Good things come with the number 9. For instance SQL Server got substantially better at version 9 (my opinion). And another good thing is the next addition to our family. We are 5 months in with 4 remaining. My wife and I typically try to wait until well into the pregnancy before making it big news. And this time around, we will be bringing in a baby sister for the other children. This is very good news for us and we are quite happy about it.
1 DBA's Professional Blog
- 5 down 4 to go
5 down 4 to go
Now Reading (2)
In Queue (1)
Recently Read (15)
- SQL Server MVP Deep Dives by Nielsen Paul, Delaney Kalen, Machanic Adam, Tripp Kimberly, Randal Paul, Low Greg
- A World Without Heroes (Beyonders) by Brandon Mull
- The Red Pyramid (The Kane Chronicles, Book 1) by Rick Riordan
- Fablehaven, Book 5:Keys to the Demon Prison by Brandon Mull
- Catching Fire (The Second Book of the Hunger Games) by Suzanne Collins
- T-SQL Tuesday #38 – Standing Firm (30)
- T-SQL Tuesday #051: Place Your Bets (27)
- T-SQL Tuesday #009: Beach Time (22)
- 12 Days of Christmas 2013 Day 1 (21)
- MCM Road Less Traveled (14)
- Having Cake and Eating it too (13)
- TableSpace Update (11)
- Missing Indexes (11)
- Last Time CheckDB was Run (10)
- IP and Default Trace…T-SQL Tuesday #005 (9)
- @D_all_is_on: @PaulRandal #sqlhelp Thank you. I had already added it to the startup. ;-T1117
- @PaulRandal: @D_all_is_on #sqlhelp Enable it now - make sure to do DBCC TRACEON (1117, -1) so all threads get it. And put it in startup config.
- @D_all_is_on: I need to turn on traceflag 1117. Do I really need to wait until tonight and bounce the server? Or can I just enable it now? #sqlhelp
- @wsmelton: @upbeatadversity I would check out @SQLRockstar post http://t.co/vKSOWTF7ID has nice bit of code for grabbing next growth amount #sqlhelp
- @wsmelton: @upbeatadversity Looking for alerts on the occurrence of the event? Or for things like free space running low? #sqlhelp
- @upbeatadversity: #sqlhelp What is the best way to write a query to monitor log file growth?
- @wsmelton: #sqlhelp Will add that the procedure is dynamic query being executed via sp_executesql and I pulled the query plan for the executed statmnt
- @wsmelton: #sqlhelp intra-query parallelism deadlock where I pulled the execution plan from cache, but it does not show parallel operators. ???
- @SQLTaiob: @MJSwart Posted code in SE. #sqlhelp
- @Jamie_Wick: Has anyone used 2014 backup encryption on the master db? Restore process to new server different from normal master db recovery? #sqlhelp