I just found out that Michelle Ufford (@sqlfool) has updated her Index Defrag scripts. Right now she is looking for Beta testers. Anybody that is interested could find more info at:
1 DBA's Professional Blog
- SQLFool IDX Defrag Scripts
SQLFool IDX Defrag Scripts
Now Reading (2)
In Queue (1)
Recently Read (15)
- SQL Server MVP Deep Dives by Nielsen Paul, Delaney Kalen, Machanic Adam, Tripp Kimberly, Randal Paul, Low Greg
- A World Without Heroes (Beyonders) by Brandon Mull
- The Red Pyramid (The Kane Chronicles, Book 1) by Rick Riordan
- Fablehaven, Book 5:Keys to the Demon Prison by Brandon Mull
- Catching Fire (The Second Book of the Hunger Games) by Suzanne Collins
- T-SQL Tuesday #38 – Standing Firm (30)
- T-SQL Tuesday #051: Place Your Bets (27)
- T-SQL Tuesday #009: Beach Time (22)
- 12 Days of Christmas 2013 Day 1 (21)
- MCM Road Less Traveled (14)
- Having Cake and Eating it too (13)
- TableSpace Update (11)
- Missing Indexes (11)
- Last Time CheckDB was Run (10)
- IP and Default Trace…T-SQL Tuesday #005 (9)
- @NgSofia: Does anyone know of a way other than implicit conv. to see if collation diff. between temp db and user db is causing perf issues? #sqlhelp
- @sql_handle: @A_Bansal 6/6 #sqlhelp w/richer histogram NOT guaranteed. See kb2904010 (fix requires T4199) http://t.co/4PIZdUNMXZ. But only a guess :-)
- @sql_handle: @A_Bansal #sqlhelp 5/? BUT... access path eval isn't improved much at all by richer histogram vs all_density. Lastly,better mem grant fit...
- @sql_handle: @A_Bansal #sqlhelp 4/? Richer histogram *may* yield better memory grant request fit at cost of greater code complexity & longer update time.
- @sql_handle: @A_Bansal #sqlhelp 3/? AND stats are used for memory grant estimate (sorting and intermediate results set needs for memory cost).
- @sql_handle: @A_Bansal #sqlhelp 2/? stats are used to select access path (together with amount of needed data already in cache determines disk io cost)
- @sql_handle: @A_Bansal 1/? #sqlhelp slightly different take, tho I'm as far from the source code as can get :-) stats serve 2 distinct but related roles.
- @SQLRockstar: @DBAGooner @mrdenny Welcome! #sqlhelp
- @DBAGooner: Thanks for the #SQLHelp @mrdenny @SQLRockstar
- @DBAGooner: @SQLRockstar wants to run the update, so I'm running it there now to see if that was it. I've never seen it there before (2/2) #sqlhelp