I just found out that Michelle Ufford (@sqlfool) has updated her Index Defrag scripts. Right now she is looking for Beta testers. Anybody that is interested could find more info at:
1 DBA's Professional Blog
- SQLFool IDX Defrag Scripts
SQLFool IDX Defrag Scripts
Now Reading (2)
In Queue (1)
Recently Read (15)
- SQL Server MVP Deep Dives by Nielsen Paul, Delaney Kalen, Machanic Adam, Tripp Kimberly, Randal Paul, Low Greg
- A World Without Heroes (Beyonders) by Brandon Mull
- The Red Pyramid (The Kane Chronicles, Book 1) by Rick Riordan
- Fablehaven, Book 5:Keys to the Demon Prison by Brandon Mull
- Catching Fire (The Second Book of the Hunger Games) by Suzanne Collins
- T-SQL Tuesday #38 – Standing Firm (30)
- T-SQL Tuesday #051: Place Your Bets (28)
- T-SQL Tuesday #009: Beach Time (22)
- 12 Days of Christmas 2013 Day 1 (21)
- MCM Road Less Traveled (14)
- Having Cake and Eating it too (13)
- TableSpace Update (11)
- Missing Indexes (11)
- Last Time CheckDB was Run (10)
- Effects of Max Mem on Plan Cache (10)
- @AngryPets: @SQLRockstar @greglow #sqlhelp Killer. Thanks!
- @SQLRockstar: @AngryPets @greglow He has a 2012 update, and I *thought* a 2014 one as well. https://t.co/HuTjzdpkcJ #sqlhelp
- @AngryPets: @SQLRockstar @greglow #sqlhelp Greg's 2008 paper is great - a 2014 update/refresh would be excellent.
- @SQLRockstar: @AngryPets Agreed, that does seem odd. I’m trying to find @greglow updated whitepaper for SQL 2014, maybe there is info in there. #sqlhelp
- @AngryPets: @SQLRockstar 2014 (12.0.2000) Standard. I'm testing CU5 ... but can't repro behavior on a server without any load. #sqlhelp
- @SQLRockstar: @AngryPets Interesting. What version of SQL? #sqlhelp
- @AngryPets: @SQLRockstar #sqlhelp This is plan cache 'cleanup' when counts are low (4K tops) and there's no internal or global memory pressure visible.
- @SQLRockstar: @AngryPets OK, I was wondering if perhaps you were looking at plan stubs and seeing them go “missing”? #sqlhelp
- @AngryPets: @SQLRockstar #sqlhelp a) by counts of plans in OBJCP. 3900, 4000, 4300, then down to 3900 again (i.e., pruning). b) plans not 'sticking'.
- @sqld00d: SARGable alternatives to <> with two VARCHAR columns on separate tables connected by an INNER JOIN, like emails? #sqlhelp